Wednesday, March 20, 2013

How does it happen to be that almost three years ago to the day I posted my last entry on this blog and today I was summoned by a nagging need to get back on the computer and write?  Chance, perhaps, but maybe more.  Today I decided I needed to give blogging another try.  Writing for me is a must-do in my life and I've been pushing it off for way too long.  These days my writing has consisted of emails to parents of my kindergarten student and notes in my boys' lunchboxes indicating how long to heat their nuggets for.  
If you read my original post, you will see that I still owe my mother a book.  It'll happen, Mom. I can't guarantee that it will happen before I'm an empty nester crying to Stewart over missing the days of matching two hampers full of mismatched socks, but it will happen one day.  
In getting back to blogging, I thought about changing the name of my blog to something along the lines of Blissful Chaos but can you imagine someone else out there actually lives in blissful chaos too!?! And I confess, blissful may not always be the first word that wants to roll off my tongue, but I'm a lady, so we will just stick with blissful for now. Wink, wink.
Back to why I'm writing.  I've been spending some time now wondering what my "thing" is.  My biggest "thing" is being a mom, and a wife, of course.  I have known since I was probably five that I more than anything in life wanted to be a mom when I grew up.  Professional aspirations varied from teacher,to ballet dancer, to farmer, and  to farming ballet dancer, but I knew God put me on this earth to be a mother.  I'm not a guitar-playing mother, but how cool would that be...if I didn't have an aversion to reading music.  Penning in every single note to Fur Elise by hand for my piano recital was pain staking and my attempts to play by ear are about as good as my Spanish....asi-asi.  And what I wouldn't give to be one of those Etsy or Cricut moms but that simply cannot be my thing with my schedule and the need to sleep here and there and keep my house kind-of clean...occasionally.   Then, it just hit me what my other "thing" is...like the wall I ran into at my best friend's house in middle school or high school, when I was walking around in the dark house in the wee hours of the night trying to get to the bathroom...I needed to get the pencil to the paper, or in these days, the fingers to the keyboard!  I needed to put new air in my lungs and share these thoughts that run around in my head like that crazy baby did on Ally McBeal.  Oh man, that dates me, doesn't it?  The wall had always been there, I knew that house like the back of my hand, but I just wasn't thinking about it that night.  My love for writing has always been there, in the same spot, but it just happened to be covered by a bunch of little boy things, and wife things, and teacher things, and life things, and I hadn't been thinking about getting back to doing one thing I love to do.  Write.  So, here I am, three years since I last touched my blog to get back to one of the things I have always loved to do.  So glad I came back!



1 comment:

  1. So glad you came back! Not only are you a mother, wife, teacher-you are an amazing, kind, caring, listening, patient, (and tolerant) friend!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete